Apart from the look and ambiance factor of space, you must also consider the comfort level to make the right choice when buying cafe furniture. Therefore, do not choose restaurant and cafe chairs simply because you like it but also consider implications and factors such as where it will be placed, how much would it be used, how would it be handled etc. It will be disappointing for you if you notice excessive signs of wear and tears in a short period of time. It will cost you much more than what you had bargained for.
Therefore, to make your investment worthy make sure you know the materials to choose from so that it will last for a long time. Irrespective of the placement being indoors or outdoors, these factors and choice principles hold good for all.
Choosing Chairs for Indoors
Chances of facing harsh climatic conditions are less indoors and therefore you can be as creative as you want with your cafe chairs. You can also invest in fancy decorations and cushions as these will not get blown away. Steel is a good material to choose from as it is lightweight, very much ‘in vogue’ and looks better even if used frequently. These are available in a wide range of powder-coated shades that will add personality to the interior. Of course, wooden chairs are the first choice to add character and elegance to space.
Materials for Outdoor Furniture
Choose a durable material for cafe chairs if you want them to be placed outdoors. There are several types of materials to choose from and these are:
- Aluminum is a good choice for the modern feel, lightweight, easy to clean, rust and corrosion-free features and properties.
- Wicker also makes a good choice as it is light and has a rustic appeal. Synthetic wickers will have a wide range of colors. Those made from cane, bamboo, and rattan are environment-friendly
- Steel is also suitable for outdoors if it has a proper finish.
- Polypropylene plastic chairs are the best cafe chairs as they are funky, colorful and economic. Modern plastic chairs come in different styles. They are usually UV treated and waterproof.
- Few specific kinds of woods such as cedar, teak, oak and ash that has natural oils can also be used as this will not rot or deteriorate. These are versatile and natural, long-lasting and low in maintenance.
Look for The Comfort Level
Check the comfort level by sitting on the cafe chairs in different postures. Also check the back support whether it is straight, curved or bent to see how your body is fitting in. Will you be able to sit for an hour perfectly?
If it has cushioning mounted, then you must check whether is the material is hard or soft. Ideally, the chair must be comfortable for long sitting hours. Other aspects to check are:
- Height must be moderate as it is best for long hours of sitting time.
- The weight of the chair must be appropriate as it will be annoying if the chair is movable when sitting.
- Design and features are also important as it will enhance the look of your café.
Choose the Right Colour
For cafe chairs, a lot goes into choosing the right color. Mostly it is a psychology that goes in to choose the right one from different options. Blue is a color that you should be very careful with because it is considered to be least appetizing and therefore, should not be a sole focus. Red and yellow are mostly chosen in a lot of restaurants as it stimulates appetites.
You can also choose other colors like black, white, grey and brown as all of these are neutral and add visual interests.
About the Author:
I am Kate Westall, a freelance writer, and a professional blogger, who enjoys enlightening others about unknown and little-known facts. I love to write on all general and professional various topics. I hope the above piece written by me about “Level of comfort is prime when picking cafe chairs” will help the readers.