Virtual corporate events don’t have to be dull, boring, and all about work. It can be entertaining though, and there’s no need to go above and beyond. This could be the perfect opportunity to take a break from work and get to know your team members.
And what’s great about it is that you can now do it online through social media or video conference software. Here are some ways to take any virtual event to the next level.
1. Planning Is The Key To Any Successful Event
There wouldn’t be any successful online events if they weren’t carefully planned. Think of ways you can make virtual corporate experiences memorable and fun.
You can start by planning how you’ll host the virtual corporate event. It can be an invite-only, a virtual meeting, or a live stream using video conferencing applications and software. If you plan on doing a live stream, choose a social media platform where’ll you’ll stream the event.
Meanwhile, here are a few things you need to remember when planning a virtual corporate event:
- Goal Setting: Think about why you’re doing the event. You should also consider the outcome and what people will get to learn after.
- Pick A Time And Date: Ask for the master list of all participants’ schedules so that you can pick a time and date to hold the event. Don’t forget to send an electronic invite to know how many people you can expect.
- Program: Thoroughly plan a program and prepare backup plans, just in case.
- Technical Difficulties: This is inevitable, but you can be two steps ahead by having backups of files, internet connections, and devices, to name a few.
2. Invite Bands And Have Them Play Some Of Their Famous Songs
There’s just not a single person who doesn’t listen to music. And music is a great way to bring people together. This would be something that guests can bond over and share their common taste in music or genres.
Moreover, it’s also a great way to introduce good songs to your colleagues or bosses. Eventually, you’d be able to jam together.
3. Have An Awards Night
It’s a great way to show your appreciation for everyone’s dedication. You can get the top-performing employees’ rankings through the company’s key performance indicators (KPIs). Having an awards night will motivate them to work hard and help the company achieve milestones together.
4. Host A Game Show
There are so many online games you can play with a large group of people. This will allow everyone to participate and join in the fun. Even if the event is done online, it shouldn’t hinder any form of audience participation.
Hence, here are a few games you can do with a large crowd:
- Trivia: This will stimulate everyone’s thinking and encourage healthy competition amongst coworkers.
- Charades: It would be a good idea to group random people together. Give them a chance to get to know each other while working as a team.
- Family Feud: This could be quite the opposite of charades, as people tend to be a little competitive.
- Bring Me: It can be an excellent great ice breaker to get everyone in the mood.
- Escape Rooms: This game allows many people to work together to solve a mystery.
5. Learn A Skill
In order to get the right balance of work and life, you should allow your employees to learn other skills. Thus, make time for workshops.
This is another way to invite people over to join the event. You can consider asking small business owners or professionals to share information about their company. Allow them to shed some light on their journey and how they became entrepreneurs.
6. Remote Food Festival With A Twist
There’s a meme that says, ‘Meetings that don’t involve food should be emails.’ This means you shouldn’t forget about the food because most people love free food. Therefore, you can have a food festival but with a twist.
For this event, everyone should dress up accordingly. For example, if you’re going to have pizza night, everyone should be in their pajamas. It’s just a little side activity to see how creative your guests can get. Or you can even turn it into a costume party, and the winner gets a prize.
7. Do An Online Happy Hour
After the feast, it’s the perfect time for alcoholic beverages. This would be a great way to end the event. Everyone will surely be in a good mood while sipping on a few drinks here and there.
In addition, you won’t feel responsible as everyone will be home even when they get drunk. Most importantly, there’s no need to bring anyone home.
In any event, always think about your end goal. Moreover, you have to think about the guests who’ll be joining since it wouldn’t be easy just sitting there for hours listening to work-related discussions. Hence, hosting a fun yet meaningful event is a must. You can consider the list above to be a guide.