It could be that you have come up with a new idea and want to sell it for good money. These days, a good number of people are interested in starting their own online business in Dubai. It is now possible to start an online business as it involves less investment when compared to a brick-and-mortar store.
Starting a business in the UAE
The UAE (United Arab Emirates) is regarded to enjoy an advanced eCommerce market within the entire MENA region. In 2019, eCommerce transactions hit an all-time high of AED 59 billion (US $16 billion). The average annual projected growth between 2019 and 2022 is around 23%. This is what prompted many to consider starting an eCommerce Business in Dubai.
Reasons for the UAE to enjoy global eCommerce positioning
There are several factors that have helped the UAE to enjoy a good position in eCommerce Business in Dubai. The reasons include an increasing number of tech-savvy consumers and startups in the country. Also, the UAE government has been doing its best to promote smart transactions between consumers and businesses. For different types of government services and purchases, it is expanding cashless payment choices.
Since the UAE eCommerce industry is showing positive growth forecasts, it is the right time to start an online business. However, to ensure smooth, legal operation, you need to contact the Mainland or Free Zone authority to obtain a proper trade license.
How to start an online business in UAE – Steps to follow
- Select appropriate jurisdiction, and obtain trade license: This again depends on the type of business that you would like to start and the location. Obtaining a mainland license will enable you to sell or trade services/products to the locals directly. On the other hand, with a free-zone license, you need to seek local distributor assistance. Find out which one works best for your business with regard to scalability and market reach.
- Design website: No online business in Dubai or any part of the world will be successful without a well-designed website. You need to design a website that showcases your brand of products/services to potential customers effortlessly. It is also a wonderful platform to interact with customers and make sales and revenue. It should be user-friendly, have secured hosting, and web maintenance, and be mobile-friendly, etc.
- Market products/services: You need to develop a solid marketing strategy. Select a niche market to promote your eCommerce Business in Dubai.
- Storage, logistics, and delivery: You need to invest in a warehouse to store goods and items if you deal with physical products. This is a crucial factor and should be taken into consideration irrespective of the location you establish your company. Once you have an office space and warehouse, the next step is to establish a reliable logistics system. It will ensure efficient product delivery to consumers. Develop logistics on your own or choose any reliable third party.
- Online payment gateways: Your online business in Dubai should present potential customers with a wide range of payment options. There are secure, integrated payment gateways like pre-paid card systems and credit card payments. These are convenient, easy, and safe. You can also provide COD (Cash on Delivery) options.
You need to know how to start an online business in UAE the right way to avoid hassles. The UAE government is quite strict on its policies. Hence, it becomes important for all new entrepreneurs to follow them sincerely. You should not skip any step and make sure that you have followed all the rules and regulations. The steps to follow will depend on the type of business you plan to start. You can consult a trustworthy setup firm to get professional guidance.